Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Love Monkey

Have you guys seen Tom Cavanaugh's new show called "Love Monkey"? It's on at 9pm (central) Tuesday nights on CBS. Tom Cavanaugh? You may know him better as "Ed," the bowling alley lawyer. When "Ed" ran its course a couple of years ago, I seriously had no more reason to watch TV (besides sports and weather, I mean!) But my boy has now returned with a mid-season addition and I'm regaining a reason to watch TV.

Cavanaugh plays a record A&R guy (oddly named "Tom") and so the show includes plenty of music and music references and music cameos (both songs and artists.) I mean, how much cooler can you get? Tom is somewhat of a musical nerd, randomly talking about artists and favorite all-time songs. I mean, how much more up my alley can you get? AND, Tom is about the music and not necessarily finding the big hit. WHOAH, now we're really up my alley! As we watched the show tonight, one of my friends commented on how much Tom was like me. She meant the character "Tom," but I've been compared to Tom Cavanaugh's other main character, "Ed," before as well. Maybe that's why I liked "Ed" so much...and now I'm liking "Love Monkey."

It sounds like the new show is getting a week off next week, so make sure you look for it again during the first full week of February. It's making TV worth it again!

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, January 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out "Digging for the Truth" on the History Channel Monday nights at 9:00 p.m. (e.s.t.)

Virginia is calling you...I hope you come visit again soon.

 
At 8:30 AM, January 31, 2006, Blogger James said...

Good point, Ryan. When trash-talking TV I should not forget "Behind the Music" or anything on the history channel. I'll watch "Sink the Bismarck" any day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home