Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Countdown Extra!

In true Casey Kasem style, I'm pulling in a countdown extra...

Shaun Groves - Invitation to Eavesdrop

To be honest, I kinda forgot this album when I was making my list. It has a few songs that make me tired and few songs that are some of the best songs ever. "Welcome Home" is one of those best-songs-ever. A beautifully crafted pop song with a piano base and explosive strings and instrumentation...it's about how we try to keep parts of all of our lives from God. We try to keep windows blocked, or closets locked, or just something...but God wants all of us. The song begins and ends with simple lyrics over piano: "Take me, make me all you want me to be, that's all I'm asking, all I'm asking."

My other favorites are "Should I Tell Them?," "Move Me," and "After the Music Fades."

Groves invites music lovers into his mind and his thinking with this album (a rare occurance these days!) and that's why it's my countdown extra!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home