Monday, March 19, 2007

Texas and Trevor Winter

Texas? Never liked the place. I thought the state was over-rated and the people too out-spoken. Give me a good Minnesotan who KNOWS we have the best state so we don't have to go spouting off trying to CONVINCE everyone we do.

There are two things going on in my life right now. One is settling into married life and organizing our home. I have enough boxes of books and presents and papers and my junk to deal with so that I don't want to write about it. The other thing is March Madness.

One cool thing this year is that I now have a permanent friend to fill out brackets with. What's fun is that she's actually good enough to be competitive. What am I saying? Sarah and I were tied after the first round. After the second round she now leads me by one pick!

I was let down by Texas. Kevin Durant and Company were supposed to knock off North Carolina for me, clearing the way for Georgetown to sweep into the Finals. Instead, "Company" disappeared and Durant couldn't single-handedly defeat USC. He's no Vince Young, I guess. Well, have fun in the NBA.

Nick Fazekas also failed me. He does every year, actually. His Nevada team needed overtime just to get by a Creighton team with no real inside presence. Then they couldn't beat Memphis like they were supposed to. I'm finally sick of Fazekas. I'm sure some NBA team will draft him, but he'll be over-rated and a bust. Kind of like Trevor Winter that way. Hold it, Trevor Winter was never officially a bust cause he was never really any good. Just a seven-footer playing in a land of six-and-a-half footers. Well, tough break for whatever NBA team drafts Fazekas.

My brackets? All I'm asking is that Roy Hibbert proves he is no Trevor Winter.

8 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, March 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So anyone know if Trevor is still over seas?

Nickel

 
At 11:40 AM, March 23, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Nickel!
I was lonely. Thanks for listening!

Nickel

 
At 1:28 PM, March 24, 2007, Blogger James said...

Congratulations, Nickel. It seems those multiple personality tapes you've been listening to are really working!

 
At 9:12 AM, March 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always figured my job would help me someday! Hey, do I have to pay myself for my own thoughts???

Nickel

 
At 11:22 AM, March 27, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful day yesterday wasn't it, Nickel?
Yeah, tried to work out of my car yesterday so that I could enjoy the sun. Thanks for asking, Nickel!!

Nickel

 
At 6:15 AM, March 29, 2007, Blogger James said...

Hey, working out of your car isn't all it's cracked up to be. It's kinda hard on your car...

 
At 8:09 AM, March 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True. I get 35+ cents per mile for a $400 car, though, so I figure I am MAKING money!
Thanks for sharing. I was getting a little bored just talking to Nickel.

Nickel

 
At 12:25 PM, September 04, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Trevor retired about 5 years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home