Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sporatic entries

So it shouldn't be too hard to see that my entries have been a little on and off...or maybe hit and miss...or maybe just every once in a while. Truth is I've started planning a wedding. No, I'm not starting a new occupation as a wedding planner - I'm getting married!!!

Sarah is my wonderful sweetheart and we got engaged in June. We'll get married early next spring in Delaware and I have to say I don't think I was aware how much work goes into planning a wedding. I guess it makes sense. I've planned concerts, tours, athletic events, and random special appearances and it's obvious to me that if you want something to come out nice and well-organized, you have to put some work into.

We're making a trip out to Delaware in September to do some planning. Sarah will be there a couple more days than I to plan with her mom (mom's like to buy wedding dresses with their daughters!) I'm pretty excited about taste testing the food for our reception, an engagement party, and going crabbing with her dad. Mmm, I'm picturing rolling out onto the Chesapeake early in the morning and dropping cages in the water. You know, I hope Papa Harper likes me...he could be dropping ME into the water!

7 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, August 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, well...CONGRATULATIONS! I had not yet heard that you were going to be getting married! How cool is that?

I do believe that a "how I proposed" post is in order! That is for the girls, I mean. Guys don't like to know that kind of stuff. Yea, like my wife wants to know - that's what I mean! (wink, wink).

James - I will offer this piece of wedding planning advice. It is really a pass on that some kind soul offered to me (unfortunately I don't remember who). Anyway - even if you don't care about something, you have to have an opinion if asked. Ask a question or two and you will know what she wants you to answer - then choose the opposite...JK - CHOOSE WHAT SHE WANTS YOU TO CHOOSE!

Congrats again! I am stoked for you!
Vander Top

 
At 11:22 AM, August 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

El, the advice is sound - you should have an opinion - its your weddign too! So have your OWN opinion and voice it!! It might make for a few 'discussions' but in the long run your relationship will be the better for it! That's what Mike told me to say to you!
:-)

And yeah, you should blog some of your wedding planning trials.. I mean, joys! :-) ~ PJP

 
At 9:43 AM, August 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just thought it was funny that James thought he was extra busy because of planning. James, just recognize that Sarah has even more on her plate. Mmmm, pork chops...

 
At 3:48 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger James said...

So you mean I can call you any time of the night and you'll make me pork chops?!

 
At 8:08 AM, August 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, you call me and tell me you're in town and I'll make you pork chops! I'd even made chicken stir fry! (Oh, did I tell you that I let Ethan drink straight from the soy sauce bottle? That's my boy!!!) Nickel

 
At 5:34 PM, August 17, 2006, Blogger James said...

"Nickel" that's sick! You could kill the kid! Soy sauce is like colored liquified salt!

 
At 8:56 AM, August 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, Ethan may have gotten the shock and awe syndrome from me. If he can get someone to react to something weird or dangerous he is doing, he'll go for...even to drinking soy sauce!
At least he doesn't pretend he isn't breathing!
Nickel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home