Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Marc

Don't worry, a proposal entry is on its way.

I forgot to mention that I saw Marc Broussard in concert with Sarah last month. (My sweetie got us tickets for my birthday and we stayed with my beat boxing homie Tony Brown in Memphis!)

Anyway, aside from it literally being over 90 degrees in the bar we were in, it was a good concert. His musical influences obviously extend outside of the norm...he's a mid-20s white guy who sounds like a mix of Stevie Wonder and any classic delta blues singer. Goodness, kids...that's not normal! But it was a good concert. His lead guitarist goes nutso when he does solos. And I just can't match Marc's singing without wearing out my voice, so I like it.

The heat, though, was amazing. Sarah and I stood next to a side wall the entire time and did little more than sit and watch. Yet I think we were close to dehydration! When we got outside, Sarah said, "I feel like I just jumped into a swimming pool with my jeans on."

But seeing as most of you reading this won't attend a concert in Memphis in the middle of July, I recommend seeing Marc Broussard. (Oh, just be warned that he'll drop a few f-bombs!)

17 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this blog still fully functioning? Is Mr. De Boer still alive??

 
At 12:01 PM, September 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is still alive. His future father in law took him out crabbing yesterday...and brought him back.
Nickel

 
At 5:55 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger James said...

Yeah, I am still alive. My future father in law DID bring me back, even though I rode over the floatie once. Huh, I really haven't written in a while.

 
At 7:38 AM, October 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're going on over a month since you even RESPONDED to our pleadings of more of your thoughts!!!!

Nickel

 
At 8:50 AM, November 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, can someone help me?! My computer doesn't seem to be showing me James' recent postings. I haven't seen a new one in months!!!
Nickel

 
At 9:07 AM, November 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently he has bigger and better things to do! But you'd think he'd want to maintain his loyal fan base and at least keep us in mind!

 
At 3:01 PM, November 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The People are revolting James, you better respond...

 
At 6:15 PM, November 15, 2006, Blogger James said...

Nickel, are you just writing a bunch of anonymous comments to make it look like a bunch of people (aka my fan base) are commenting?

 
At 8:29 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not Nickel and there are plenty of us revolting out here.

 
At 9:09 AM, November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. Serious they weren't all me. However....

As it was just Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful for a blog site where I can read James' musings...hey, wait, have you stopped musing?!?!

Nickel!

 
At 8:43 PM, December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I'm revolting (hmmm it seems I've heard that before somewhere..) Why am I wasting a slot in my favorites James? I need some of your wisdom to go forward into 2007...

CPater

 
At 12:28 PM, December 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James,
Congrats on your upcoming wedding and also I pray that you and Sarah have a blessed new year!!!!!!!! Many Blessings!

Friends, Jill Korkowski

 
At 2:14 PM, December 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

still waiting...has anyone actually heard from Mr. DeBoer since his proposal?

josh

 
At 7:55 PM, January 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm starting to think that there was no proposal and there is no "Sarah."

 
At 8:23 AM, January 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There better be a Sarah! Otherwise I'm spending a whole lot of money and time getting prepared to go out east in a few months for nothing!!!!
Nickel

 
At 7:56 AM, January 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is so out of date now that you have spammers leaving comments...

 
At 12:24 PM, February 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

4 spammers in a row...ouch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home