Saturday, March 04, 2006

Who's at #20?

Dishwalla: And You Think You Know What Life's About

Dishwalla who? You might only know these guys from their one big hit, Counting Blue Cars (Tell Me All Your Thoughts On God). One of this album's songs made radio for a short time and that is the only reason I knew they MADE a second album (and I don't even remember which song it was!) Why don't more people know about this CD? Because their record label went stupid on them right after the first song got released to radio.

Now, before you right this one off...let me tell you that it really hurts to put this album all the way down at #20. This is a rocking CD that is incredible sonically...ie, the sound. Just incredible. And lyrically? This is one of the hardest-hitting, addressing some REAL thoughts efforts I've heard from a mainstream group in a loooong time.

OK, from "Bottom of the Floor"...
You're not the one to live for, you're not the one to die for; And you think you know what life's about, but when the bottom of the floor starts falling out...And there will always be this thing you just can't live without, so pull your head out.

"Until I Wake Up" makes my all-time list of songs that I most identify with (as someone with an overactive mind!)...
I rest my head, between the bed and sky, download my dread, disarm my mind, make it dry; There's nothing in motion, and I'm satisfied, No disappointment until I wake up.

This album is too good. Check out "So Much Time," "Stay Awake," "Once In A While," "Healing Star;" and the messages of "Pop Guru" and Truth Serum.

Serious, I assume that most of you have never heard of this album. Give it a chance. Find a Barnes & Noble or a place where you can listen to the CDs first. It's worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home