Thursday, March 02, 2006

No. 22

Coming in at #22 on the countdown...Acappella - Hymns For All The World.

From what I understand, this is Acappella's top-selling album in Japan! My boys have put out some great albums (Act of God, Sweet Fellowship, Beyond A Doubt) but Hymns is one I can almost always listen to. Duane Adams makes a bid for my favorite Acappella voice with his work on Softly & Tenderly. Bass Robert C. Guy flashes his incredible range on "In The Garden." And I could devote a book to what "Just As I Am" means to me. Lyrically it rocks, of course. But musically it sounds great on CD and translates just as beautifully live and on-stage in concert. (Barry Wilson doing it live could bring a tear or two to my eye every single time.)

For all of you who know me, I'll tell you this is the only Acappella album I put on the list. Is it fair to call Hymns their best album?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home