Saturday, August 13, 2005

Welcome to my freak show!

Phew, it's good to finally get this thing going. I meant to start a blog a few months ago, but things came up...like temporarily moving and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004. So now it looks like I'm copying a handful of friends who have blogs, while in reality I'm only copying one friend. Anyway. You win some, you lose some.

So I am now part of a tight-knit community of ten bazillion bloggers...cool. What makes mine worth reading? Frankly, me. I guess I hope my blogs will be worth reading no matter if you know me or not, but my blog will be an expression of me. Seems basic, I know, but that thought really fits with where I am right now.

I've been busy learning about myself in a new environment for the past year, an environment and culture with many differences from the one in which I grew up. After pounding my head against a wall for most of that year trying to make myself fit in with my new environment, I have finally realized to simply be the person who God created me to be and let that person fit into my new environment. I hope that by now, I can understand myself better by knowing in what areas I have been gifted and in what areas I have NOT been gifted. In retrospect, how elementary!

So what will my blog be about? Whatever. Really, it will be about whatever is going through my mind. I have few agendas, although you'll see I have themes. I often feel I have few answers, although I'll have plenty of questions. And I hope you have thoughts, questions, and even "answers" for me and the others who happen to be reading. What's going on in my head has always been as open as you care to make it, so get as involved as you care to be. I don't expect to be understood perfectly all the time, and I know even my good intentions can turn out bad results. But I hope to grab life by the horns and persevere to finish the race laid out before me.

As a man I admire once wrote, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."

...don't be a stranger

10 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, August 13, 2005, Blogger Andrew Barnes said...

You are simply marvelous, simply marvelous!!!

 
At 4:52 PM, August 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

James, I'm still working up the courage (and discipline) to unload on an unsuspecting (and generally uninterested world).
Congrats on getting started.
Think like an editor.
Doug

 
At 12:44 PM, August 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck is a blog? Whatever it is I'm diggin it just cause it's you James :)

 
At 6:40 AM, August 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Marvelous! Once you open a window to your mind, you never know what people are going to see. (Probably a lot of Mississippi sports.)

 
At 6:15 AM, August 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the 'Musings' in your title a nod to Dad? ~ Pam

 
At 7:20 AM, August 18, 2005, Blogger James said...

I'm still trying to figure out who "starlight agency" is. Congrats, people, you are the first commenters on "The BEST Blog Ever!" (And I'll have something new up soon...)

 
At 9:13 AM, August 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

blooog?

 
At 10:00 AM, August 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey FREAK SHOW...
post something new already.

 
At 4:06 PM, August 18, 2005, Blogger James said...

Dude, I'm not even running for a week and I already have trash-talkers! That's the sign of a true artist you know. I'm not respected in my own time...

 
At 9:24 PM, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimbo, its Breen. Just checking to see how you are doing, if you are affected by the Hurricane at all. What is your #? Else, email me at nate_marybeth@hotmail.com Hope you are doing alright. See ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home